8 replies to this topic

#1 RileyH96

RileyH96

Stick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:59 AM

First of all these some things in this guide will not be exact, I think i know this information for this game but for being new it could be random. If you're new i would reccomend checking the controls. They can be accessed by clicking "start" while in game and going to "controls", I find them extremely awkward at first eccspecially coming from minecraft. Enjoy.

Getting Started

Step 1: Getting wood pickaxes. It is important to get extra pickaxes because if your 1 breaks you can be put in a diffucult situation. To get extra wood picks for free go to your item shop, which is located at your spawn which has granite flooring and press LT to open it and buy at least 2 more picks for free(They are free forever). You should also take both shops with you for now.

Step 2: Getting blueprints. Before doing this i'd reccomend getting some dirt or something to mark your spawn with a tower. Next its time to get blueprints, which can be found scattered above ground as well as below. I'd focus on getting the ones above ground for right now. The blueprint arrow is located at the botem left of the screen which points to the nearest blueprint and will spin faster as you get closer to the blueprint. What you use a blueprint for is to have the ability to craft certain items. Without blueprints you can only craft 4 items Sticks, Wood Planks, Workbench,and Wood Picks.You also may find scrolls on the the way which are no value but can be collected. Note: You do not have to keep blueprints once you collect them they are unlocked forever.

Step 3: Collecting wood. First go up to a tree and and start hitting it with your pick it will drop a piece of wood, then do that to the entire tree(There are 4 blocks of wood in every tree). When your finished take the wood you just chopped press "b" to open your inventory and put it all into a single slot at the top in the "materials area", then go over to the product box and craft all the wood into planks. After that take the wood planks and put them in all 4 spaces in the material area, you can place 1 at a time by pressing "x". That should craft a workbench take the workbench and place it on the ground. From there open it and place 1 plank in the material area again and it will create 4 sticks take those. You should then press "y" which will take you to the quick crafting screen(You don't have to use this forever once you memorize the pattern you can make it without it) and select the wood hatchet blueprint if you have it. If you don't have it you can chop down the trees, but at a slower pace. Now take the hatchet and just like before but the trees down if you notice sometimes they will drop saplings which you can use for growing trees. I'd collect about 7 trees which is 112 wood planks.

Step 4: (optional) Creating a house. As of right now houses are not that important because there is no day and night cycle, but hey are fun to build and show off. So i decided to include it anyway. First off you can build a house however you want, i reccomend clearing/finding flat land. I would always keep the width and odd number so you can have a single door. It's a good idea to make your house have 3 high ceiling or higher.

Step 5: Finding Coal. The best way to find coal is to go down 1 of the 3 cave entrances on the map. It is sometimes very easy to find coal, if its not for you try using your mini map as much as possible, coal shows up as black on the map. Now when you find coal press "y" to prospect it, that should make it available to buy in the block shop aswell. Then mine it with your pick. If you don't have the torch blueprint its almost useless for right now. If you do place sticks in one of the bottom material boxes, then place the coal above it and it will make 4 torches. You can use these to light up your house or the caves.

Pro Tip: You can double jump by pressing "a" twice.

I intend to make a more advanced guide. There might be spelling mistakes, Sorry. Comment on what i should add onto this guide and/or the next ones. Thank You!

#2 Yellow_Grenade

Yellow_Grenade

Stick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMy computer

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:07 AM

add a spider trap and mining tips

#3 Sigilaikin

Sigilaikin

Wood Hatchet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:59 AM

As a guide for starting off it's mostly what I did...except for the house. I'm lazy and waited until I had enough money to buy the mats. Keep it going.

#4 TheHyruleShield

TheHyruleShield

Stick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

Dude this guide is awesome thanks for the help

#5 bob

bob

Stick

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:38 PM

Good start so far. This should help alot of new players when you're finished :)
Posted Image
^ ^ v v < > < > B A

#6 LemonP1e

LemonP1e

Wood Hatchet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:20 AM

My bad on the Post! edited... Didn't check the date. Thread, Un-revived >:-)
Posted Image

#7 Zxtroo

Zxtroo

Wood Sword

• Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:23 AM

This is an excellent guide for beginners well done :) +1

Posted Image

Total Miner is so much better than minecraft. No questions asked!

YES

#8 Dson105

Dson105

Wood Pickaxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

Thanx for the info it helpled a lot me and my sister just started playing this game

#9 Matpzbch

Matpzbch

Community Whitehat

• Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts
  • LocationIn your house, stealing your sandviches!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

i think somebody posted a full guide somewhere on these forums but im not sure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users